Natava SuperFoods Certified Organic Goji Berries are of the highest quality. They are grown in the highlands of Tibet which has the longest growing season and produces delicious, and nutrient dense goji. Natava SuperFoods goji is also a raw food product to ensure it retains the maximum health benefits.
Goji berries have been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years. And Chinese medical practitioners say that goji berries contain the'chi' or the vital life force.
Healh Benefits of Goji Berries:
- They are the rich in antioxidants, particularly cartonoids including beta-carotene. This means they may help to repair free radical damage which strengthens our body to fight illness.
- They are high in vitamin C, making them great for fighting off colds and boosting your immune system.
- The Chinese believe goji berries are a food which increases youthfulness and longevity. This is possibly due to the sesquiterpenoids, which help to strengthen the immune system and stimulate the secretion of rejuvenative human growth hormone. This hormone helps our body to remain youthful as we get older and our bodies start to decrease production of it.
- Goji berries may help to improve your eyesight as they contain zeaxanthin and lutein which are believed to help protect the eyes and heal the membranes.
- These little berries are an abundant source of nutrition as they contain, 18 kinds of amino acids, including all the 8 essential amino acids, have 11.7% protein, are also rich in trace minerals including zinc, iron, copper, calcium, germanium, selenium and phosphorus and the vitamins B1, B2, B6 and vitamin E. So when you eat goji berries you know you are getting a whole array of benefits and giving your body the nutrients it needs.
How to Use Goji Berries:
Goji Berries make a great snack food, but we also recommend adding them to smoothies, muesli, soaking them overnight with oats (this adds a subtle sweetness to your morning porridge), putting them in desserts and they can also be left to soak in water and then drank or made into anti-oxidant rich tea.
One of the easiest ways to introduce these berries into your diet is to make a trail/snack mix, of cacao beans or even cacao nibs, raw cashew nuts and some raisins.